Whether you are in Chicago, Naperville or the Quad City area, you will love your time spent at one of the Illinois massage therapy schools. You will get a great education in Chicago and come out prepared to start a rewarding career in massage therapy. For those who enjoy working from home there are also online programs offered by several Illinois massage therapy schools. Below you will find more information about what you can expect from the Illinois massage therapy schools and your massage therapy career. Enroll in one of our featured Illinois massage therapist schools and begin taking online or traditional classes in no time!
As an Illinois massage therapist, you will:
- Specialize in up to 80 different types of massage, called modalities
- Identifying and treating muscle problem areas for patients
- Instructing patients on how to personally care for sore body areas
- Work in an array of settings, both private and public
Some career figures for massage therapy professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $34,190
- Currently employed: 3,130
- Employment outlook: 20% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Massage Therapy Schools Enrolling Now